With the use of day to day, the operating system, programs, etc. can corrupt by the use of some programs as simply by the degradation of the hard disk. Preventing normal use. For example, with apps from the Microsoft Store you may notice that they close before opening, have abnormal behaviors compared on other computers, and so on. So, I’m going to teach you basic steps to check the health of the equipment and try to repair any damages. The steps are these:
- Restart the computer. This step is necessary because Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 have the fast startup feature, which consists of maintaining the state to start fast, but for some actions a clean startup is required, as is the case. Once it is restarted …
- Right-click on the start menu
- Open a command prompt as administrator mode (right-click on the start menu, click “command prompt (administrator)” or “Windows powerShell (administrator)”)
- Execute these 3 commands:
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / Scanhealth
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / Restorehealth
Sfc / scannow
Once these commands have been executed, you will have solved errors if they exist.
Sometimes, especially if you use laptops you will have noticed that when you do not drive the equipment, it accelerates and when you return it stops, right? Windows takes advantage of downtime to perform certain maintenance tasks to free up disk space, perform optimizations, and so on. We will execute this task manually so that you can complete the entire process.
- Enter in Cortana “control panel” and open it.
- Press on “system and security”
- In the new screen, click on “security and maintenance”
- In the new screen, displays “maintenance”
- Look for the “start maintenance” button This task can last from a few minutes to several hours depending on the state of the device. This process checks for drivers, updates, defragments the hard disk, performs disk space freehand tasks.
If you have doubts, you want to contribute some additional idea, … contact me.